The FITmiglia is the creation of Jessica Fantini. FITmiglia = fit family, get it? As my name may suggest it's true I am Italian and I do believe in family values. Although, I must admit my values are not what most would prescribe. My goal is to share my fitness and weightloss journey with you. I couldn't tell you what number I am on as I have been struggling with my weight since I was 12 years old. Yep, I was the fat kid on the playground! Please, keep reading to know a bit more about me. I am here to share my journey in order to help others with their own journeys. I've learned a lot, but I am also learning even more every day - I believe learning is a lifelong task that doesn't stop. This is my space to share what I've learned and am learning with you. It will be mostly geared towards health and fitness, but I may also throw in some personal or professional posts. This will be my second blog, but when I started thinking about bringing my journey and business to the blogging world I realized it would be almost impossible to merge this with my previous blog - so here I am; round two!
Some facts about me:
- I'm a busy woman who works a full-time job, a part-time job, and runs her own coaching business with Beachbody. Talk about busy! I always make time for my FITmiglia though - so please don't hesitate to contact me.
- I am single fur mamma of a rescued pitbull named Savannah.
- I like to travel, cook, watch movies, listen to music, and have a new found love and respect for working out.
- I am not perfect and I do not know everything - but I am learning!
- After all the other things I tried, my life really did change after my first Beachbody challenge and although I took time to think about making the jump to a coach - I am happier than ever that I did!
- My fitness journey started with me at 303lbs. I was able to lose weight by just getting my dog and being forced to become active as well as food logging, but I was still over 250lbs!
- At my heaviest I was wearing a size 24 (I'm 5'6").
I was able to make some positive changes in my life and really want to offer that to you! Don't hide away. Stop feeling guilty for taking up space. You are beautiful. You are important. You are worthy! Yes, I am here to help you make a positive change to be healthier, which some people take as a way to body shame you - but that's not me. I'm still fat, but I am healthier and happier than I have ever been before! That's all I can hope for you as well.